Ms. Valverde is currently a shareholder of the firm. Ms. Valverde’s practice includes litigating and counseling clients regarding employment law, labor law, and insurance defense matters. Her practice also includes conducting administrative investigations into personnel matters, drafting personnel policies, conducting employee training, and providing strategic policy and media relations advice.
Prior to joining Montgomery & Andrews, Ms. Valverde was General Counsel for the New Mexico State Personnel Office from August 2013 to April 2016. Ms. Valverde also has prior private practice litigation experience in the areas of employment law, property law, construction defect, premises liability, personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, and bad faith insurance practices. Additionally, Ms. Valverde has experience in drafting coverage determinations for insurance carriers.
University of New Mexico
Juris Doctor, 2009
New Mexico State University
Bachelor of Arts in Government, Supplemental Degree in Law & Society, 2006
- Completed an Honors Thesis & graduated with distinction.
Ms. Valverde assisted in drafting Amicus Brief to the United States Supreme Court on behalf of Governor Susana Martinez, in Friedrichs, et al. v. California Teachers Association, et al., No. 14-915.
- The State of New Mexico
- The New Mexico State Personnel Office
Supreme Court of New Mexico, admitted 2009.
United States District Court, District of New Mexico, admitted 2009.
Bridge the Gap Mentor, July 2017 to present
Public Employer Labor Relations Association, 2015 to present.
First Judicial District Bar Association, 2012 to present.
New Mexico Women’s Bar Association, 2010 to present.
New Mexico Bar Association, 2009 to present.
American Bar Association, 2009 to present.
DRI, Member, 2009 to present.
New Mexico Defense Lawyers’ Association, 2009 to present.
Ms. Valverde has trained hundreds of employees regarding employment law and human resources topics, including:
- Sexual harassment;
- Administration and adjudication of discipline;
- Employee policies and procedures update;
- Workers’ compensation issues; and,
- Personnel and records retention sections of the New Mexico State Administrative Code.
Ms. Valverde has also prepared training materials regarding public employee ethics and drafting effective employee policies.
- Speaker, Third Annual Risk Management Division CLE, “Defending Whistleblower Claims in New Mexico: Panel Talk with Ellen Casey and Karen Kilgore,” November, 2013.
- Speaker, Fifth Annual Risk Management Division CLE, “State Personnel Office: Tips for General Counsel and Litigators,” November 2015.
- Speaker, New Mexico Public Education Department Data Conference, “Data Privacy Updates and Best Practices,” April 2016.
- Provide free employment trainings to small businesses and organizations.
- Board of Directors, Santa Fe University Art and Design Charitable Foundation, July 2016 to July 2017
- “New Mexico Employers Should Plan Now for New Overtime Rules”, by Randy S. Bartell and Randi N. Johnson, Montgomery & Andrews, PA, Employment Law Group, September 18, 2016.
National School Boards Association Council of School Attorneys 2013
National Public Employers Labor Relations Association 2015
Appointed to the New Mexico Human Rights Commission, October 2012 to present.