Mr. Heitz joined Montgomery & Andrews after serving as Chief General Counsel at New Mexico’s Children, Youth & Family Department. He is currently of counsel to the firm. Previously, Mr. Heitz was the General Counsel at the New Mexico State Personnel Office and was a Deputy District Attorney in the 3rd Judicial District Attorney’s Office. Before he began working in the public sector, Mr. Heitz represented clients in the private sector on a variety of both civil and criminal litigation issues, including personal injury, medical malpractice, product and premises liability, and tort claims.
- The State of New Mexico
- New Mexico Children, Youth & Families Dept.
- New Mexico State Personnel Office
Southern Methodist University
Juris Doctor 1998
University of Oklahoma
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science 1988
State Bar of New Mexico (2007-present)
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico (2017)
State Bar of Texas (inactive)
U.S. Dist. Court – Western District of Texas (2003-2007)
- Presenter at NM District Atty. Assoc. Spring Conference 2012 on white collar crime prosecution.
- Speaker on the legal process and domestic violence awareness for at-risk high school students.
- Founder and coordinator of the Anapra community food growing program, Anapra, NM.