Mr. Heitz joined Montgomery & Andrews after serving as Chief General Counsel at New Mexico’s Children, Youth & Family Department. He is currently of counsel to the firm. Previously, Mr. Heitz was the General Counsel at the New Mexico State Personnel Office and was a Deputy District Attorney in the 3rd Judicial District Attorney’s Office. Before he began working in the public sector, Mr. Heitz represented clients in the private sector on a variety of both civil and criminal litigation issues, including personal injury, medical malpractice, product and premises liability, and tort claims.
Southern Methodist University
Juris Doctor 1998
University of Oklahoma
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science 1988
- The State of New Mexico
- New Mexico Children, Youth & Families Dept.
- New Mexico State Personnel Office
State Bar of New Mexico (2007-present)
U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico (2017)
State Bar of Texas (inactive)
U.S. Dist. Court – Western District of Texas (2003-2007)
- Presenter at NM District Atty. Assoc. Spring Conference 2012 on white collar crime prosecution.
- Speaker on the legal process and domestic violence awareness for at-risk high school students.
- Founder and coordinator of the Anapra community food growing program, Anapra, NM.