From the drill bit to the burner-tip, from the wellhead to the retail gasoline pump, Montgomery & Andrews, P.A. brings decades of experience to bear on behalf of its clients involved in the energy industry in New Mexico. Our attorneys provide representation before federal, state and tribal courts, regulatory agencies, and the New Mexico Legislature to clients throughout the energy industry, regarding:
M&A understands the needs of oil and gas producers to operate efficiently and effectively under regulations, close transactions, negotiate fair contracts, and limit their liability. Our firm serves the energy industry’s ever-increasing demands for legal counsel concerning:
M&A is the leading law firm in the state actively engaged in lobbying on oil and gas and energy issues before the New Mexico Legislature. The firm and its attorneys are active members of the New Mexico Oil and Gas Association and the Independent Petroleum Association of New Mexico. We have represented oil and gas clients in federal, state and tribal courts, at all levels, and before numerous regulatory agencies, including:
Areas of experience include the following:
- Representing clients before the Oil Conservation Division and Oil Conservation Commission in administrative proceedings under the Oil and Gas Act.
- Defending clients in disputing penalties assessed by the Office of Natural Resources Revenue.
- Defending clients in class action royalty payment claims.
- Active participation in the development of new rules for horizontal drilling projects, hydraulic fracturing, and produced water.
- Resolving production-related water issues.
- Counseling clients on permitting, access and compliance under the Surface Owner Protection Act.