Montgomery & Andrews’ environmental lawyers have considerable experience in the regulation of wastes generated in the oil and gas, mining, and manufacturing industries. Our firm has represented clients in a wide range of solid and hazardous waste management matters before state and federal agencies, including EPA Region 6, the New Mexico Environment Department, and the New Mexico Oil Conservation Division, as well as state and federal courts. Areas of experience include:
- Permitting and compliance for facilities managing hazardous wastes regulated under the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and its state counterpart, the New Mexico Hazardous Waste Act (HWA).
- Permitting and compliance for facilities managing solid wastes regulated under the New Mexico Solid Waste Act and the New Mexico Oil and Gas Act.
- Storage tank regulation under state and federal law.
- Contamination investigation and remediation, including closure and post-closure care permitting under RCRA and the HWA.
- Defending against enforcement actions, including negotiating administrative compliance orders, consent decrees and civil penalties, and litigating in state and federal courts.
- All aspects of CERCLA, including negotiating federal court consent decrees and administrative orders, counseling, and litigation.